Saturday, May 2, 2015

About me...

As an educational consultant I bridge the relationship between the school and the parents during the special education process.
~ I am a special education teacher. I understand the special education laws and the special education process.
~ I am a general education teacher. I know what really happens every day in the classrooms. I know how to modify curriculum, implement IEP goals and differentiate instruction for all students.
~ I am a parent. I understand that parents want what is best for their child but not always know how to go about getting it.
I empower parents by teaching them how the special education process works and how they are true members of the team. I support the school and the parents through collaboration. I can share ideas on how to implement the goals created on the IEP that is following the parents’ vision for their child.

No comments:

Post a Comment